Electric Car Charger Installation
The team at Cambridge Electric is an expert in electric car charger installations. We have a great track record of installing a variety of car chargers for all electric or hybrid vehicles. Electric vehicle (EVs) charging stations supply electricity for recharging electric vehicles and other plug-in vehicles, including plug-in hybrids (PHEVs). Most electric cars can be recharged from a domestic wall socket. However, for faster charging at higher voltages and currents, it requires dedicated equipment with a specialized connector.
We Install a Variety of Chargers for all EVs and Hybrids
Your dedicated team of electricians at Cambridge can install your next car charging station. While we do install charging stations for all hybrid and electric vehicles, here are a few of the popular vehicles we support:
- BMW i3
- Many more
What Electric Car Chargers Do We Install?
Many of our customers are interested to know what brand of car charging stations we install at Cambridge Electric. We install many types of car charging stations, including:
Home Car Chargers
There are many types of home garage charging options for electric cars; while Cambridge Electric offers the expertise of installing these home chargers. Traditional wall outlets could take up to 70 hours to charge a vehicle but with the work of Cambridge Electric, we can provide options that charge your car in less than 6 hours. If you choose the Tesla 240-volt outlet or Wall Connector, you will need a Tesla Recommended Electrician to do the job right.
There are 3 levels of electric charging available for EVs:
- Level 1 charging termed ‘slow charging’ is compatible with common grounded electrical outlets. Typical charge time is 15+ hours.
- Level 2 charging stations for homes. This station uses 240 volt AC power. Usual charge time ranges 4-8 hours.
- Level 3 charging stations are installed for cities and businesses. It uses 500 Volt DC high-current charging, and charges EV batteries in 15-30 minutes.
Locations for Charging Stations:
- For homes, the best and most convenient location for installing charging stations is usually driveways and garages.
- For commercial use, charging stations is needed where there is on-street parking, at taxi stands, in parking lots such as places of employment, hotels, airports, shopping centers, convenience shops, fast food restaurants, coffee houses, etc. Other locations to incorporate charging stations can be existing filling stations, and other public infrastructure that has an electrical supply, such as phone booths and parking meters.